Women’s March 2019 Date Announced

Women’s March Sydney has confirmed that it is returning for its third year with a march on January 20, 2019.

In a statement, the coordinators said the march, titled #WomensWave, is intended to raise awareness of violence against women in Australia.

“Violence against women is a global epidemic,” said organiser Mindy Freiband. “The statistics in Australia are staggering as we have just recorded the 65th woman lost to murder or manslaughter in 2018… It’s time we stand together to demand real change. It is time to demand commitment from our leaders to tackle what can only be described as a national emergency.”

The event, which is described as “inclusive and non-partisan”, will have follow-ups in other capital cities.

The Women’s March is an international movement which was started in 2016. Last year, 10,000 people participated in the Sydney march.

For more information, visit the Women’s March Sydney website.